Hows dev going?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
JoshuaLeo

Hows dev going?

Post by JoshuaLeo »

Its been quiet lately....hows it going?
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: Hows dev going?

Post by karmafx »

Development is currently focusing on stability rather than constantly adding new features. This is partly because of the newly added Mac version, which required a rewrite of major parts of the code, but also because the synth has matured and is quite feature-rich already.

Also energy is being put into making new instrument banks, new tutorial videos, and hopefully also soon new skins, to make the synth more accessible.
Koshdukai

Re: Hows dev going?

Post by Koshdukai »

karmafx wrote:[...] also because the synth has matured and is quite feature-rich already.

Also energy is being put into making new instrument banks, new tutorial videos, and hopefully also soon new skins, to make the synth more accessible.
I really hope next is some future improvements on wiring usability, like we've discussed already elsewhere :)

Not being able to just use the mouse (or finger on Win7 touch surfaces) to manage the (audio/control) wiring connections is still the only thing bothering me in the excellent GUI this synth has.

I said this many times here (I think): Being a Reason/Record user, I'm so used to grab existing jacks or just target connection points (to start the connection/wire) and simply drop them where I want (i.e. on other connection point targets), all done without extra shortcut keys being pressed along with the mouse movements.

Korg's MS-20 VST modular panel (and it's iPad cousin, the iMS-20), WayOutWare's TimewARP2600VST or even Arturia's ARP2600 and Moog Modular (although not as good implemented as it could be, animation and even GUI-wise) allow this kind of intuitive connection grab'n'drop functionality too.

I miss that a little bit in KarmaFX. That's about just the only "complaint" or wish I have since everything else is remarkably awesome, including (and still speaking about the GUI) the current existing wire "physics" and animation, I would love all the Arturia VSTs had that... :D