KarmaFX Equalizer

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
AlanK

KarmaFX Equalizer

Post by AlanK »

How do I save a preset and have it appear on the drop down menu? Thanks. :?
Last edited by AlanK on 12 Dec 2008 06:46, edited 1 time in total.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: KarmaFX Equalizer

Post by karmafx »

That depends on the host application.
But in general most host applications allow you to rename and save presets as .fxp files.
If you make a lot of presets, you can save the resulting bank as an .fxb file.
When that bank is loaded again, your presets will appear in the drop down menu.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Ahhhh, it's the host application that controls this. I'm using Samplitude, so I will snoop around. My first impression of the equalizer is that I like it. If I can get the presets going I'll be back with a "contribution".
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Great, Alan! 8)
Let me know how it works out.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

OK, well I can save the setting through the Samplitude program, but I was hoping to have the equalization setting show up in one of the user slots on the Equalizer dropdown menu. Any way to do that? 8)
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

If what you want is to have the eq startup with your own bank loaded by default, then I can't say if that is possible with Samplitude. I've just tried the Samplitude demo, but I couldn't even figure out how to rename a vst preset :roll: :oops:

Come to think of it, while some hosts have support for storing individual-or collections of vsts as presets, I'm pretty sure the entire bank isn't stored along with them, and it is usually the host's job to manage patch banks (KarmaFX Synth being an exception). So it is an interesting question.

If anyone reading this know how to make a vst plugin startup with a specific bank preloaded in *any host*, please speak up :?: :?:
ethnix73

Post by ethnix73 »

KarmaFx wrote:If anyone reading this know how to make a vst plugin startup with a specific bank preloaded in *any host*, please speak up :?: :?:
Do you mean when you load a project, or when you add a new instance of a plugin?

Concerning loading a project, Usine, from sensomusic.com, loads KarmaFx synth with the desired bank and preset...

When you add a new instance, as you can save sub-patches in Usine, you just have to save one with your Karmafx synth or Fx settings...