FR: Need more legato/portamento modes

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Argitoth

FR: Need more legato/portamento modes

Post by Argitoth »

It would be great if there was a second legato mode where portamento would only occur when you hold two notes instead of sliding up and down with every single note.

The synth also has a weird way of doing portamento. You have to hold down the notes or the pitch slide will jump to the next note instead of sliding all the way. It would be great if there was a mode where the portamento would slide to the next note indefinitely.
bradleyfilms

Re: FR: Need more legato/portamento modes

Post by bradleyfilms »

I would like this too, or perhaps a "smart" portamento button where portamento is only applied to notes played legato.
Anyone up for an LFO button on the additive generator so we can draw our own LFO waves too?
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Good points... Can you refer me to some other synths, that have this option? I mean wouldn't the
It would be great if there was a mode where the portamento would slide to the next note indefinitely.
cause notes to lag very much behind what is being played?

I like the "portamento is only applied to notes played legato." idea, though.
bradleyfilms

Post by bradleyfilms »

Hi Kasper. Try a demo of Direct Wave, this feature works when the play mode is set to legato and glide is set to auto. It is a great feature and very playable. I know it's on other synths too, and on mine it's always labelled "auto".
Hope you include it.
Cheers Steve
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Argitoth wrote:It would be great if there was a second legato mode where portamento would only occur when you hold two notes instead of sliding up and down with every single note.
Done. 8) Will be in next release (v1.08):

* Added Fixed/Auto portamento mode option to right click menu of all porta knobs. (Thanks Argitoth)