My (Not So Bad) Feature Requests

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
kodama

My (Not So Bad) Feature Requests

Post by kodama »

Key Tracking For Comb Filters (even if it's mono) - I know there's a work around using the midi input controller, but it's hard to get it tuned correctly & it takes 3-4 chained to make it effective.

Key Ranges For All Generator Components - Would be sweet!

Renaming Of Control Panel Knobs - So you don't have 5 "Attack" knobs & forget where they go.

Free Run For Stepper - So they can be used for FX patches without having to be triggered from a keyboard.

Scrolling - So you don't run out of room for modules.

CV Amps - So when you need more signal from a modulator, etc.. you don't have to chain 4 of them together.

Make descriptions show up somewhere when the patch loads - So people can see the patch designer's notes on how to use controls, etc...

And one final one that is more of a marketting idea/helper for KarmaFX:

Make the interface collapsable to just the control module on the bottom so preset users can get a simple interface to browse presets and see the 8 controller knobs set up for them.

Thanks!
robenestobenz

Re: My (Not So Bad) Feature Requests

Post by robenestobenz »

kodama wrote:Key Tracking For Comb Filters (even if it's mono) - I know there's a work around using the midi input controller, but it's hard to get it tuned correctly & it takes 3-4 chained to make it effective.
Yeah, would be cool. Having the comb filter pitch reported in frequency would be useful as well.
kodama wrote:Renaming Of Control Panel Knobs - So you don't have 5 "Attack" knobs & forget where they go.
Definitely. Parameter name alone is not enough information to work on when automating from the host - naming components would be nice as well, but of lesser importance IMO.
kodama wrote:Free Run For Stepper - So they can be used for FX patches without having to be triggered from a keyboard.
Definitely. I'm doing a few FX for my Karma patch bank, and this is one thing which gets me every time I try and use them. Being in a modular host (EnergyXT) it's not so hard to get around, but it means using these patches in an audio track in a standard host would be impossible.

Scrolling - So you don't run out of room for modules.

kodama wrote:CV Amps - So when you need more signal from a modulator, etc.. you don't have to chain 4 of them together.
I'd like this. It can be quite hard to boost a low signal sometimes.
kodama wrote:Make the interface collapsable to just the control module on the bottom so preset users can get a simple interface to browse presets and see the 8 controller knobs set up for them.
Thanks!
I think this is a great idea, and is why I'd like to see the controller knobs also have an option to modulate other parameters relatively.
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

I think this is a great idea, and is why I'd like to see the controller knobs also have an option to modulate other parameters relatively
Relative and absolute modulation options would be a great thing in very many ways.

As for the scrolling, it seems as tho there already is...in FL 6 i open up karma, set the size to 800x600, and scrollbars appear.
JamminFool

Re: My (Not So Bad) Feature Requests

Post by JamminFool »

kodama wrote:
Make the interface collapsable to just the control module on the bottom so preset users can get a simple interface to browse presets and see the 8 controller knobs set up for them.

Thanks!
this is a really good idea.
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Size will never go above 1024x768 in the current version.
Scrollbars only appear if you run in 800x600.

It is no problem to bump up the resolution to say 2048x1536,
but I'm worried that this will make the synth difficult to operate
(i.e. the control panel being outside the window, etc.)
I'll think about it, but don't count on it for version 1.0.

Regarding the minimal mode, I've thought about the exact same thing when doing the control panel. I've now added it to the list.

- KarmaFX
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Post by matthewjumpsoffbuildings »

hopefully you are considering Key Ranges, Renaming Of Control Panel Knobs, Free Run For Stepper and CV Amps