VST mini-host module ?

General feedback, questions and feature requests.
Koshdukai

VST mini-host module ?

Post by Koshdukai »

This may seem like an extremely delusional request/suggestion/question, but I'll ask it anyway:

Are there any plans to include a micro VST host like module, to allow externally referenced VST/VSTi "embedding" into a modular setup/patch ?

Something along the lines and as "simple" (feature-wise) as Hermann Seib's VSTHost/SAVIHost while keeping the VST's own GUI on external windows to save on KarmaFX screen real estate.

hmmm... and since I'm on a delusional mood today, I'll add a related and also apparently weird question: Are there any plans to make KarmaFX Modular Synth a ReWire slave, besides VST client ?
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: VST mini-host module ?

Post by karmafx »

Koshdukai wrote:This may seem like an extremely delusional request/suggestion/question, but I'll ask it anyway:

Are there any plans to include a micro VST host like module, to allow externally referenced VST/VSTi "embedding" into a modular setup/patch ?

Something along the lines and as "simple" (feature-wise) as Hermann Seib's VSTHost/SAVIHost while keeping the VST's own GUI on external windows to save on KarmaFX screen real estate.
no, I think it's safe to say that KarmaFX Synth will remain "just" a plugin.
What's wrong with just using savihost or something similar, lige you mention?
Koshdukai wrote: hmmm... and since I'm on a delusional mood today, I'll add a related and also apparently weird question: Are there any plans to make KarmaFX Modular Synth a ReWire slave, besides VST client ?
Interesting. Havn't thought about that.
But to answer your question, no, there are no plans for that at the moment.
Koshdukai

Re: VST mini-host module ?

Post by Koshdukai »

Well, due to the full modular aspect of KarmaFX Synth, it would be interesting to know if there were any plans to evolve that modularity to the point of including other sources of audio (VSTi's) and/or external (VST's) audio processing modules, since that would fit in the modular audio path of a patch.

My question about ReWire would make sense if the first answer tended towards a "Yes/Maybe", where KarmaFX would/could be the closest thing to a free-form modular rack of VST/VSTi's :)

...if, for some reason, a future app would use ReWire as the only "door" to the "world", KarmaFX would fit perfectly as the light modular "bridge" between that app and the VST world.

:)