[RESOLVED] Overflow! error on some filters

Bug Reporting
circuit23

[RESOLVED] Overflow! error on some filters

Post by circuit23 »

1: KarmaFX V1.15
2: Reaper v3.76
3: Overflow! error when using filters
4: I have recently encountered "Overflow!" errors when using some of the filters. For example, if I have a simple patch such as Osc>Filt>Amp>NotePitch>Output, I get "Overflow!" errors instantly when I switch the filter to Moog, Zolzer or Shelving type, even if a note is not being played. On the Parametric type, the same error occurs when sweeping the Cutoff in the high range (around 8000-9000 Hz).

I absolutely LOVE using this brilliant synth, and I really hope there's a workaround or fix for this! I already feel like I have gotten my money's worth out of my KarmaFX, but I would be very sad if it becomes too buggy to use.
Thank you very much,
Circuit23

PS- the filters I didn't mention, (SVF, 303like, EQ10 and 31, Comb, Allpass and Formant) don't seem to be affected by this problem.
karmafx
Site Admin

Re: Overflow! error on some filters

Post by karmafx »

Hi Circuit23!

Thanks for reporting the issue. It does sound like a bug!
I've tried to repro without luck though... with a patch constructed as you wrote.

First, what system are you running? Is it PC or Mac?
If PC, is it an AMD or Intel processor?
And what OS version ?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
- Kasper / KarmaFX
circuit23

Post by circuit23 »

Well, the weird thing is now I can't reproduce it. LOL
I am thinking it was an error related to my M-Audio ASIO drivers, because when I opened them up to take a look, I was only running at 16kHZ (ew!) instead of 48. After restarting my computer and those drivers, everything seems to be ok now.

Thank you for your response, though! Sorry to have wasted your time, but I absolutely LOVE this VST. Thanks again for your good work!

Your loyal customer,
Ryan Sessions
karmafx
Site Admin

Post by karmafx »

Hi Circuit23! :D

I'm glad it turned out to be a non-issue! 8) 8) 8)
Thanks you for reporting it anyway.

Best Regards,
- Kasper / KarmaFX